10 Best Proof of Stake coins of 2019
Here below we have listed 10 best proof of stake coins right now. Before you get started we recommend that you research the coins from our list that you like the most. Ask yourself again why this is a good coin to invest in. You can find out where you can get hold of these coins in using Coinmarketcap and find a suitable exchange where to buy them here. Here we have listed the 10 best staking coins of 2019.
The complete list of the 10 best Proof of Stake coins of 2019 are:
Before we dive into the the 10 best Proof of Stake coins of 2019 we want to inform you on our guide ‘Complete guide to staking cryptocurrencies‘. It will help you get a better understanding of what Proof of Stake is, how to get started and anything else needed to stake coins and earn passive income.
The 10 Best Proof of Stake coins of 2019
NavCoin is a open source blockchain with a privacy based cryptocurrency coin. It also has a very strong community focus. What makes Nav interesting is three-folded. Being a privacy based cryptocurrency is one, the other two is that it is really fast to send and cheap. NavCoin added cold staking features at the end of 2018, that means you can easily and securely stake your coins from a cold wallet. With added cold staking features NAV coin is a great choice for easy staking.
ROI: 5% annually
Where to buy NAV: Buy at NAV at Binance
Advantages of NavCoin:
- Cheap (NAV can be sent for fraction of a cent)
- Fast (transactions will show up within seconds and confirmed in 30 seconds)
- Privacy (NavCoin wants to help you keep your privacy while interacting on the blockchain. So that your information can only be given with your consent, not taken)
About: NEO is smart contracts open source coin driven by the community. NEO is one of many ‘Chinese’ cryptocurrency projects. NEO supports the creation of number to different digital assets and certificates that enables for a broad use range. NEO was launched in 2014 and quickly rose to high awareness in the crypto space. NEO has a modified type of Proof of Stake blockchain. And simply by holding your NEO in a compatible wallet you get a separate token called GAS in return. And GAS is the fuel that keeps the network going and used to pay for transactions. Similar to VET and VTHO. We really recommend NEO coin for staking because of the ease to get started and no need for using separate computers to have it running.
Advantages of NEO:
- Smart contracts enabled platform
- Digital identities and certificates
- Wide range of dApps
ROI: 5% annually
Useful links: NEO to GAS profit
About: VeChain is another cryptocurrency project and platform similar to NEO that enables smart transactions. They have a strong focus on the supply chain industry. With several partnerships in this space that has made VeChain infamous in the crypto community. VeChain has a Proof of Authority blockchain coin, which is similar to a Proof of Stake blockchain, but with a different consensus model.
If you stake your VETs you will receive in return a token called VTHO. And starting staking VeChain is really easy with a slick mobile app is all you need. It works like NEO and GAS. And VTHO is used to fuel transactions on the VeChain blockchain. Depending on how much you hold the ROI is from 2% and upwards. With different node levels, economic and X-nodes that gives you bonuses. Super easy to stake, so VET should be high on your list for staking.
Advantages of VET:
- Great range of partnerships and actual use cases
- Different bonus models and nodes
- Super easy to stake
ROI: Between 2-6% annually
About: PIVX is a fork from DASH and another privacy focused cryptocurrency coin and open sourced blockchain project. Similar to NAV it offers extremely fast transaction and privacy features, like sending private coins to each other through the “Zerocoin Protocol”. The transactions are besides super fast also extremely cheap, making it a very interesting cryptocurrency for the future. An all-round choice makes PIVX coin a great for staking.
Advantages of PIVX:
- Privacy enabled transactions
- Really fast transactions
- Self-govern system in place that works. With voting and proposal system guiding future development
ROI: 5-8% annually
Where to buy PIVX: Buy PIVX at Binance
About: The ‘All in one blockchain solutions’ that wants to make using and creating blockchain super easy. ARK has become known for wanting to be the ‘Smart bridge’ platform. ARK is looking to position itself an easy to use blockchain. That is also very fast and can handle scalability issues very well. ARK is looking to solve that common blockchain problem by making it easy to create special purpose blockchains apart from theirs but still connected to the ARK ecosystem. Their ‘smart bridging’ features allows it to easily connect with other blockchain.
When there are so many new blockchain platforms coming up, ARK wants them to work better together. ARK has 8 seconds blocks making it very fast and the ARK wallets you are up and running as soon as it’s installed, no need to fully download the blockchain. We like ARK coin because it is positioning itself with a unique offering with their Smart bridging features. That’s why this is a coin that we recommend you get started staking with.
Advantages of ARK:
- One button blockchain, making it really easy to get started
- Very fast transactions
- Its Smart bridging features
ROI: 10% annually
About: Lisk similar to ARK wants to make it super easy to use their blockchain and for businesses, developers and cryptocurrency projects to use their platform.
Lisk is a applications based blockchain that wants to enable others to easily build decentralised applications on their platform. With Lisk you can build sidechains, with every sidechain having its own unique features but still connected to the Lisk mainchain but operating independently from every other sidechain. We like LSK and for us it’s a good alternative for staking because they are serious about their work, and they have been around for a while now.
Advantages of Lisk:
- Sidechains features making scalability less of an issue
- Interoperability between the sidechain and the main Lisk blockchain
ROI: 4% annually
About: Neblio is a cryptocurrency coin and blockchain project similar to Lisk and ARK focusing on enterprise usage. That wants to make it super easy for businesses to create their own decentralised applications and blockchains. Neblio is also planning to add smart contract features in the future. With the NEBL coin you can easily stake your coins and get up to 11% annually, which is a great number for anyone looking for earning passive income.
Advantages of Neblio:
- Enterprise focused blockchain and dApp platform making it easy for businesses to get started
- Great ROI returns
- Great range of APIs making it easy to connect to the Neblio blockchain, written in 8 different programming languages
About: Ontology blockchain are targeting enterprise users. Their blockchain platform is built to support other blockchains, in both private and public sectors. So that enterprises can have more flexibility and accessibility with other technologies. it also gives users the chance to store data completely privately or publicly. The Platform was co-founded by Da Hongfei and Erik Zhang who are also the founders of the NEO blockchain. The difference according to Da Hongfei is that one is open source (NEO) and the other is a enterprise targeted for profit blockchain. But the two blockchains holds many features and similarities with each other.
Advantages of Ontology:
- Created by a very strong and already established team
- Strong business focus that will make them more likely to succeed
- Strong allround services, smart contracts, decentralised applications and real world focus
ROI: 5-40% depending on bonuses and nodes
About: Komodo is another blockchain platform that wants to make it easy for users to build out their full service blockchain solutions. Komodo platform is trying to build a blockchain ecosystem. And with that they mean a full range of products and services like a decentralised exchange, decentralised ICO crowdfunding platform. Together with their focus on scalability, interoperability (atomic swaps, cross-chain features, bridging) and security being keys to their identity. And in the heart of all this is the KMD coin which you can use for staking.
Advantages of Komodo platform:
- Strong set of security and privacy features
- The interoperability between different blockchains through their Atomic Swaps technology
- Unique decentralised add-ons like an exchange and ICO crowdfunding
ROI: 5% annually
Where to buy KMD: Buy KMD at Binance
About: ‘Blockchain made simple’. The Stratis blockchain is another enterprise targeted blockchain platform. Stratis want to ‘streamline business processes’. The Stratis platform enables smart contracts to be written, an ICO platform for cryptocurrency crowdfunding, sidechains to enable interoperability with other blockchains. Stratis also provides privacy features, so that users can make their transactions remain secure and anonymous throughout the network of Stratis Full Nodes. The Stratis cryptographic token (STRAT) fuels the Stratis Platform and acts as a value transfer vehicle in the Stratis marketplace. For us STRAT coin is still one the most solid choices you can pick for staking.
Advantages of Stratis:
- Private enabled chains, providing security to businesses
- One click deployment, making it super easy to get started
- Medical records and fintech use cases
Where to buy STRAT: Buy STRAT at Binance
Find more exchanges where you can buy Best Proof of Stake coins of 2019 at out exchange comparison tool below.
Besides the 10 Best Proof of Stake coins of 2019 we also wanted to provide you with some bonus items. Where you also can earn income from cryptocurrencies but from other means than staking coins.
- KCS (Kucoin Shares) 50% of trading fees goes to KCS holders. By holding KCS on the exchange platform Kucoin you in return earn a dividend. Which is taken from all the transactions fees made on the exchange. Useful links – Kucoin website, Reddit post – Buy KCS at Kucoin
- COSS is another exchange like Kucoin where you the COSS coin holders gets a percentage of the trading fees from their exchange. The Fee Split is defined as 50% of paid fee’s are split with the COSS coin owners (If $2 in fee’s are paid, then $1 of that is given to Coin owners). Useful links COSS website – Buy COSS at their COSS – exchange
- NPXS (PundiX) is a bit different than the others on the list, as they are aidropping the tokes out as part of their ICO token release program. This was planned to continue until 2021, and gradually decreasing every year. But due to legal matters they are speeding the process until May this year. Useful links – PundiX website, article on NXPS accelerated release – Buy NPXS at Binance, Bit-Z
- Waves 3.40 annual ROI. Useful links – Waves official guide, Leasing guide Buy Waves at Binance, OKEx
- In the future Ethereum will move from Proof of Work to Proof of Stake. Useful links – Ethereum article on Constantinople (the major change to the Ethereum blockchain) – Buy ETH at Binance, OKEx, eToro, Kucoin, Bit-Z
This is our favourite staking coins and blockchain projects. It’s not supposed to be a full list of staking coins. But if you have any suggestions or feedback then please share it with us. We always want to provide the correct and best information about cryptocurrencies and blockchain.
A very clear pattern also while looking through our list, is that blockchain platforms like VeChain, Stratis, ARK, Lisk and really pushing hard to promote themselves as the easy option. Because it’s been clear that while blockchain technology offers some great benefits, it can be difficult to understand, to communicate and to use. Therefore a clear focus from blockchain startups has been put on making it much easier to understand and clearer benefits for businesses. And progress has been made on that but it probably has a long way to go to really put those types of blockchain projects within mass adoption usage.
Subscribe to our mailing list for more guides and articles on cryptocurrency and blockchain related topics
Reach the right audience with Go Cryptowise
If you are looking to communicate your message or be seen by the right audience then maybe we could help you with that. Advertise with us and get your brand known by our fans – get in touch with us here
Other popular guides:
- 7 most popular privacy coins
- The 8 Best Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the World
- A guide to cryptocurrency markets
- HODL, DYOR, REKT the 41 cryptocurrency terms you need to know!
Per Englund – Founder of Go CryptoWise a cryptocurrency and tech fan that wants to see better and smarter products and services that makes our lives better and easier