This post may have affiliate links. That means if you make a purchase I may get a commission (at no extra cost for you). To find out more about it read our Disclosure page
If you are reading this article then you probably have a good understanding of what Coinbase is, but you want to find out if there are any similar crypto sites like Coinbase out there? (learn more about what Coinbase is here).
In this guide, we will explore 6 of the best Coinbase alternatives currently on the market. It is always important for you to be aware of the different options when buying and selling cryptocurrencies. So that you can find the best cryptocurrency platform for yourself.
A quick summary of Coinbase
Before we explore the 6 listed Coinbase alternatives in this article we think providing a summary of Coinbase is in order.
The key reason for its popularity is that it is very easy to use trading platform. The website and now the app is very easy to navigate. And additionally, they have made it possible for us to buy cryptocurrencies with our bank cards, PayPal and deposit cash via a bank transfer.
Statistics show that Coinbase has served over 10 million users and facilitated the buying and selling of over 50 billion dollars’ worth of digital currency.
So in summary Coinbase is a key crypto trading platform today because of how useful it is.
Finding the best Coinbase alternative
When we are researching the best Coinbase alternatives on the market we wanted to bring with us the key elements that made Coinbase so popular. Which are:
- Easy to use – buying, selling and navigating should be easy for beginners and experts alike
- Lots of payment options. Buying with a bank card, bank transfer or other payment methods is of importance
- A very secure platform. As always a key reason for all our recommended crypto trading platforms is that they should be very secure. This is extremely important to us, as it should be to you.
With those three key elements in mind, we went out to research the alternatives to Coinbase on the market. And these are the 6 top recommend alternatives to Coinbase that we found.
We will give you a summary of each trading platform/exchange and a recommendation on why you should look into it.
The 6 Best Coinbase Alternatives Right Now
After putting the above requirements into perspective, it is time to check out several alternatives you can turn to. Below are some alternatives to Coinbase you can use.
1 ) Coinmama
Coinmama has been in operations since 2013. It is a digital financial service company that has its origin in Israel but is registered internationally in Slovakia. This service permits transactions in bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, etc.
Coinmama definitely deserves to be on this list of great options for buying crypto easily. Similar to Coinbase it makes it super easy for new crypto users to join in and buy and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin in no time.
- Coinmama is reliable and dependable.
- It is operated in over 180 countries.
- Method of payment includes simplex, Coinmama’s debit/credit card processor. They charge an additional 5% on every transaction. Only Visa/MasterCard are, however, accepted.
Check Coinmama fees here
To get started with Coinmama:
- Go to www.coinmama.com and click on ‘Sign up’ to create your own Coinmama account.
- Enter your email, name, and country of residence.
- Complete the sign-up process by verifying your email address
- When logged in you can either deposit funds from your bank or buy cryptos instantly using a bank card, either credit card or debit card. As long as it is a VISA or Mastercard.
2 ) OKEx
OKEx is a popular crypto exchange and leading crypto exchange when it comes to; trading volume, a wide selection of available cryptocurrencies, and Fiat gateways.
OKEx provides crypto traders with over 100+ cryptos, margin trading, 100x leverage, Futures contracts and much more. Making it an obvious choice on this list of contenders.
Features Of OKEx
- Ambitious cryptocurrency exchange that continuously pushes further their development and crypto offerings
- Good trading volume and selection of cryptocurrencies
- Fiat to crypto trading
Check OKEx fees here
To get started with OKEx:
- Head over to www.okex.com and click ‘Sign Up‘ and enter your details
- You get an email code sent to you that you need to enter in the sign-up process
- After entering the code you can proceed through, and there are some handy guides available to you – if you’re a beginner (you can proceed through if you click on the “I’m experienced” button
- They then have some guides for OTC trading and more – but you’re in congratulations 😉
3 ) CEX
This digital exchange is based in London and has been in operation since 2013. Bitcoin and Ethereum are supported on CEX.
This exchange is operational in almost all the countries in the world, thus earning it a lot of respect and consideration from industry players. Many more countries are also keying into this digital exchange.
Other Features Of CEX
- It supports trading in US dollars, British Pounds Sterling, Euros, etc.
- It gives traders the opportunity to trade using an app.
- Bitcoin and Ethereum can be bought using credit or debit cards. It also supports Visa/MasterCard.
- They offer an all-round the clock customer service.
- CEX possesses a 2-factor account authentication system that guarantees security and safety.
Check CEX fees here
To get started with CEX:
- Go to CEX.io and click on ‘Register‘
- Create an account either via email, Facebook, Google, Telegram, etc
- Confirm your account with the email that gets sent to your account
- Verify your identity at CEX to get started buying and selling cryptocurrencies at CEX
- Done, now you can get started using CEX as an alternative to Coinbase
4 ) Changelly
Changelly is a unique and super handy crypto exchange. They make it possible for users to buy cryptocurrencies instantly with just a few clicks. Often new crypto-users can find it overwhelming to buy and sell cryptocurrencies. So what Changelly does it make it super easy for even the beginners to get into crypto.
This has become a very welcome addition to the crypto market. With Changelly fast becoming a very popular place to buy crypto at and a very good option, with similar features like Coinmama.
So overall when comparing sites to Coinbase Changelly is one that deserves your attention. It is easy to use and with a nice UI. Like others on this list, it has similar fees for instant-buying of cryptos.
Other Features Of Changelly
- Super quick buy and sell trading
- Changelly has more than 150+ cryptocurrencies available for instant trades
- Easy to use widgets and interface makes it a very user-friendly crypto exchange
Check Changelly fees here
Read our review of Changelly here
To get started with Changelly:
- Go to www.changelly.com and either you click on ‘Sign up’ or directly via their crypto widget you can change one cryptocurrency for another or buy / sell cryptos directly from the widget
- If you would go via the widget you can swap lets say BTC for ETH immediately if you held some BTC. Or you can buy crypto with a bank card from their website
- When buying crypto you need to provide them with your card details and ID verification
5 ) Binance
Binance is one of the leading cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. They have since its launch has grown to become a crypto powerhouse. With a great selection of coins, Fiat currency on and off-ramp and a famous CEO in CZ they tick lots of crypto boxes.
So with Binance, you will have what you get from Coinbase with Fiat gateways, but plenty more cryptos to buy and sell. Which makes it a great option is to use its work on adding a lot of cryptos for trading, and how they work to create a secure crypto platform.
Binance has added a SAFU fund that is in place to repay users in the case of a hack would happen. This extra security layer makes Binance a very attractive choice on our list.
Other Features Of Binance
- Great selection of cryptocurrencies available for trading
- Leading crypto trading volume, making it easy to enter and exit trades at any time of the day
- Leading crypto exchange when it comes to security, especially with their SAFU (fund)
Check Binance’s fees here
How to get started with Binance:
- Go to www.binance.com and create a new account with them by clicking on ‘Register’
- And then fill in your email, password and any referral id (if you want to support us you can add – ‘10787692’).
- Verify the email that gets sent to you
- Enable 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) to secure your account
- Done, now you can use Binance as your Coinbase alternative
6 ) KuCoin
KuCoin is a new and very popular crypto exchange. KuCoin have grown to become a popular altcoin exchange. That means they are listing a lot of new altcoins (coins that are not Bitcoin and Ether). And they have also added these new altcoins very early.
Besides their great selection of coins, KuCoin is a very easy to use exchange with some additional interesting features to it. With their KCS token providing holders with a revenue share model and their newly launched soft staking features.
Other Features Of KuCoin
- Revenue share model with their KCS providing users with a greater incentive to use the KuCoin exchange
- Soft staking making it possible to stake your cryptocurrencies and earn rewards super easily from their exchange
- Great selection of coins, especially their wide selection of altcoins
Check KuCoin fees here
How to get started with KuCoin:
- First you head over to www.kucoin.com and click on ‘Sign up‘
- Choose either your email or phone to be used to verify your account
- After you have verified your account we suggest you enable 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) to secure your account
- Now your are done and ready to use KuCoin for trading cryptos
In Conclusion – best Coinbase alternatives
We hope that this guide on some of the best Coinbase alternatives helped you find some good options.
How do you pick the best option for Coinbase?
- I would say if it’s ease of use go for Binance
- If it’s for new exciting altcoin go for KuCoin
- If it’s for buying cryptos with a card fast, Changelly or Coinmama
Using more than one exchange to buy and sell cryptocurrencies is always recommended. This way if one exchange went down temporarily or permanently you had options.
Another reason for using more than one exchange is that they often are great at different things.
Some are good for their lower trading fees. Others are great for their wide selection of cryptocurrencies. And others are popular for being platforms with perhaps staking or lending options.
If you want to find more crypto exchanges in the world we recommend you read this article on the best cryptocurrency exchanges to use right now.
Coinbase isn’t the only intermediary that facilitates trading in digital currencies. Ensure you go for these Coinbase alternatives we’ve outlined for you and do not be left out in a rush to embrace digital currency trading.
Other popular crypto guides
- 16 Proven Ways of Making Money from Cryptocurrency)
- Best ways to convert Bitcoin to USD
- Best cryptos to invest in 2020
- The best way to investing in cryptocurrency
Per Englund – Founder of Go CryptoWise a cryptocurrency and tech fan that want to see better and smarter products and services that make our lives better and easier