Some of our posts may have affiliate links including this one. That means if you make a purchase I may get a commission (at no extra cost for you). To find out more about it read our Disclosure page
Are you looking for the next Bitcoin or Ethereum? Many of us out there believe that there will be similar rises or even more staggering. The question is how do I find this new upcoming crypto, or altcoin?
And when you have found an interesting altcoin to invest in, where should you buy it from?
Here is my list of my 7 go-to sites to buy altcoins from.
7 great exchanges to buy altcoins from in 2020
1 ) Binance
Binance launched in 2017 and can undoubtedly be considered as the top cryptocurrency exchange as it possesses the highest volume via market cap.
Considering the short period range of launching the platform, the Malta-based company has done an impressive job to stay at the top of the list.
(Learn more about what cryptocurrency market caps are).
Binance operates straightforwardly and has a forefront that is reputable and liked, CEO Chandpeng Zhao.
The Binance trading crypto exchange also offers one of the lowest fees if not the lowest fees associated with trading, 0.1% a fee that can be further reduced if the user is paying with BNB.
With added discounts for traders with higher trading volume, based on past 30-day volume.
- Learn more about BNB and how to buy it here
The global platform Binance.com is not available to the USA, so users from the U.S. and Singapore can make use of their subsidiary website Binance USA and Binance SG, respectively.
The first impressive quality of Binance that shines through is how easy to use the platform is.
Binance has done a great job of making it easy for beginners to experts alike to navigate through the platform and find what you need. Registering, trading, depositing and everything else on the website are easy and without any unnecessary hassles.
Also, the crypto exchange platform has proven over time to be secure and safe to use for conducting crypto transactions, even in a sketchy crypto market. Binance tops the world cryptocurrency exchange with an astonishing average daily trading volume of $1 billion dollars.
Binance is one of the most fast-growing crypto exchanges and one that always strives to provide the best service to its users and stay on top by staying updated with the world advancements.
Another highlight of why Binance is one of the best exchanges in the world is their work on creating a secure platform. That can withstand hacks and thefts. So right now it is one of the most secure exchanges available.
And not only that, but they have also added a fund that will reimburse users in the unlikely case of any hacks. Find out more about its SAFU fund here.
- Find a useful guide on getting started with Binance here.
What are the pros of Binance?
- The platform provides multilingual support
- Binance offers effective mobile apps for all Operating System (O.S.)
- The platform always strives to offer the best, always offering new exciting altcoin and the latest features such as the SAFU fund on the platform
2 ) KuCoin
KuCoin was launched in 2017 and has made a strong reputation for itself amongst the high number of cryptocurrencies currently in the world.
The platform has its own altcoin known as the KuCoin Share (KCS), and the holders of the KuCoin token gets a discount on a trading fee on the platform.
KuCoin has most of the popular and in-demand token on its platform, and they are available for trading. The fast-growing crypto exchange has positioned itself as a close and robust competitor to Binance over the years.
What made KuCoin unique highly sought after was how quickly they added new exciting altcoins to their exchange.
Often when you heard about a new exciting altcoin and you looked where you could buy it, the answer was more often than not KuCoin.
And the same went for when coins had their first listing after finishing an ICO, the answer was often KuCoin. So you can see a pattern here.
I recommend anyone to keep track of KuCoin, to follow new listing. But also for other cool features such as soft staking.
So when it comes to creating a top list for best altcoin exchanges it is impossible to exclude KuCoin from it. Here you can find many new altcoins with great and unlimited potential readily available on the platform.
So that investors can readily hold and trade, which one of the reasons for the high adoption by many investors.
The KuCoin crypto exchange offers recent news that can affect the value of cryptocurrencies on its platform to enable both new and expert traders to stay updated always
- Learn more about KuCoin and using the exchange here.
What are the pros of KuCoin?
- Fast speed of adding new altcoin
- Holders of KCS get to enjoy a discount on the percentage of trading fees on the platform
- High-speed and responsive customer service
3 ) OKEx
The OKEx crypto exchange platform was founded in 2017. And similar to Binance it has grown exponentially in a very short time. So right now it has one of the biggest trading volumes in the world. This combined with their many altcoins makes OKEx a great alternative on this list.
The OKEx crypto exchange has its headquarters in Hong Kong but has some part of the company in Malta, which is a more open community for blockchain and also tax-friendly.
OKEx offers different trading options to its users, fiat-to-crypto, and crypto-to-crypto trading option on more than 100 listed cryptocurrencies on the website. In 2018, OKEx launched a new crypto derivative product that allows its users to speculate on the future value of BTC/USD.
In 2019, OKEx announced the addition of Fiat to cryptocurrency trading pairs for the European market on its platform. The OKEx crypto exchange provides users good trading volume and a wide range of listed cryptocurrencies to select from
- Learn more about OKEx here.
What are the pros of OKEx?
- Great trading volume, making buying and selling altcoins extremely easy at all times
- They have one of the best selection available for trading altcoins. So if there is a new altcoin that you want to buy, the likelihood is great that OKEx has it
- It has a lot of great trading features and it is very simple to use
4 ) BitMex
BitMex crypto exchange is another exciting exchange that offers the trading and buying of altcoins easily available. The platform provides support for some other altcoin but places a top priority on Bitcoin.
The BitMex crypto platform is an exchange with a high volume cryptovurrency spot exchange.
And the platform was created with a joint effort of economists, expert traders, and professional web developers as a result of this providing one of the best crypto communities.
The BitMex crypto exchange provides an accessible guide through the registration process for new users, and the only information required for registration is a valid email I.D.
The BitMex provides an open and straightforward fee structure that is also relatively low.
The platform is integrated with an advanced API that operates with similar technology as those used by top investment banks.
The platform also possesses one of the best securities in the world of crypto exchange, as it employs the use of multi-factor security.
What are the pros of BitMex?
- The BitMex engine regularly audits and updates the history of accounts per second
- The XBTUSD pair on the BitMex platform is the most liquid in the world
- BitMex provides users on the platform with 100× leverage on Bitcoin and other altcoins
5 ) Kraken
Kraken is a San Francisco based crypto exchange founded in 2011. It is one of the oldest cryptocurrency exchanges around and also based on Euro volume and trading liquidity, it is one of the largest Bitcoin exchanges in the world.
The Kraken cryptocurrency exchange was founded by Jesse Powell, a popular figure in the crypto world. And as a CEO of a world-leading exchange, he has often emphasized the danger associated with leaving funds on exchanges with Kraken inclusive.
The strongest point of the platform is the transparency and honesty it offers to its users. The Kraken website is easy to use and provides notes to help new users navigate through the website.
Kraken crypto exchange offers an investor-friendly fee structure, which is one of the lowest around, and the platform rewards investors the more they trade on the platform.
Kraken provides users with multiple ways to fund their accounts, funding options, which include fiat currency, cryptocurrencies, and corporate funding. The platform also allows investors on the network to trade Fiat to crypto anywhere quickly and with high security.
- Learn more about how to use Kraken here.
What are the pros of Kraken?
- It is one of the oldest, and therefore a level of trust has been built with crypto investors
- Offers a wide range of trading options
- It is one of the most open and trustworthy crypto exchange around in the current world
6 ) Bittrex
Bittrex, a U.S. based company, offers one of the most substantial Bitcoin trading volumes out of all exchanges in the world. The Bittrex crypto exchange provides investors with the option to trade more than 190 cryptocurrencies at a time on the platform.
The platform offers one of the best securities for funds out of all other crypto exchanges in the world, which is why it is the preferred choice of most reputable investors.
The registration process on Bittrex is relatively easy, and users are required to only provide their email I.D.
However, to withdraw funds from the platform, investors are required to complete the KYC verification process, which involves users to provide a valid document of identification
What are the Pros of Bittrex?
- The platform offers access to advanced trading tools
- The platform provides high security for funds
- Provides one of the most massive Bitcoin trading volumes in the world
7 ) Changelly
Changelly makes this list of the best altcoin exchanges because of one significant edge it provides over others, which is the lightning-fast trades investors can make on the platform. This feature is a rare and useful feature desired by most crypto investors, with the ability to perform quick and instant trades without delays.
Also, the crypto exchange has over 150 cryptocurrencies listed and available for instant trades on its platform.
Changelly crypto exchange platform offers a wide range of trading options due to the high number of cryptocurrencies listed on the exchange
Changelly offers investors on its platform open and transparent fees and low trading rates. This is recommended for traders and holders that like to make quick and easy crypto investments. And trust that they are using an exchange that won’t trick or hassle them.
Changelly is a straightforward crypto exchange with some great features. To top it all, Changelly has a functioning mobile app which is available on iOS and android to make the exchange easily accessible for its users.
- Learn more about Changelly and other great instant-buy crypto exchanges.
- Read our full Changelly review for additional information
What are the pros of Changelly?
- The instant trading option that Changelly provides is a great feature. And it together with its instant buy-features makes Changelly a great crypto exchange for the beginners
- Changelly offers an excellent selection of some of the best cryptocurrencies around. They have plenty of exciting altcoins available for easy trade.
- The website is first and foremost really user-friendly and easy to use
Why should I buy altcoins?
The rise in popularity and investment opportunities of cryptocurrencies has led to the search for reliable and efficient cryptocurrency exchanges to buy and trade cryptocurrencies.
With the incredible rise to $20,000 USD Bitcoin made many people rich and happy. And finding the next gem that could see a similar rise is, of course, a common reason for why so many people want to find an altcoin that can be the next Bitcoin.
There are so many cryptocurrency exchanges right now that it can sometimes get extremely confusing selecting one.
How can you pick a reliable exchange when there are more than 300 exchanges right now listed on Coinmarketcap.com?
- In this guide, I will talk briefly about the process of how to buy altcoins
- And how to find a good cryptocurrency exchange for buying your favourite altcoins
So with that in mind, I wanted to create this list of the best cryptocurrency exchanges in the world right now for buying altcoins.
Reliable, safe and good value for your money platforms. Where you can find the next Bitcoin.
The selection of the best crypto exchanges will be made based on some essential factors, which include the number of available altcoins, transaction time, fees and charges, deposit methods, security, and other vital factors.
Summary of how and where to buy altcoins
- Find out which coin or token that you want to buy – remember with 2000+ cryptocurrencies they are not all winners
- Then you need to find out where you can buy this altcoin (coin or token) use Go CryptoMarket and Coinmarketcap to find the best altcoin exchanges for it – and then buy it!
- Get a secure altcoin wallet for your cryptocurrency. Check out our wallets review page or the website of the altcoin that you bought for finding a wallet for it!
- Wait for moon! 🙂
- Learn more about the different types of cryptocurrencies here
- Use a nice portfolio app such as Blockfolio, Delta or Gem for following the value of your altcoins
These don’t mean other crypto exchanges that don’t make this list are not good enough for you to consider; I just feel you should take a closer look at the following outlined ones first.
I hope that this guide to some of the best cryptocurrency exchanges to use was helpful and you now feel confident knowing what are the steps to take for how to buy altcoins.
I might have helped you find out more from your questions of where do I buy altcoins from?
But from this list of top-rated altcoin exchanges which should you go for?
How do I decide which cryptocurrency exchange to use for buying altcoins?
When it comes to which altcoin to buy? I think you need to look into a bunch of things. Such as:
- Upcoming ICOs and IEOs (learn more)
- See what people are talking about on social media (Reddit, etc)
- And check the projects webiste – can they deliver what they’re promising?
Other useful bits of advice is to:
- Use the ones that trade your altcoin is your first step. Use Go CryptoMarket or Coinmarketcap for that.
- Then you need to find an exchange with good reviews – Go CryptoMarket has reviews for exchanges, use forums like Reddit or follow this guide here for additional tips
- Final advice never leaves your cryptocurrencies at any exchange for too long. The risks are too high for a hack, theft or exchange going bust for you to take that risk. Invest in a safe hardware wallet
As I said, in the beginning, there are plenty of other good exchanges. But there are also some lesser ones.
So with this list, I think that I’ve have at least narrowed it done a bit for you.
With this list, you can pick an exchange that you can trust while buying and selling interesting altcoins.
More popular guides:
- 11 important crypto tips to be aware of before investing
- How to invest in Bitcoin the beginner guide
- How to Sell Bitcoin for cash – ‘cash out BTC’
- 16 Proven Ways of Making Money from Cryptocurrency
Hello and welcome to Go Cryptowise.
My name is Per Englund and I’m a long-term fan and investor of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. I’ve been around the space for a good few years, learning how it all works and to be a part of this engaging community.
Now it’s time for me to share my experience with others. I am also a business and product developer so I know first-hand what it takes to create a successful product, brand and customer experience.
And I am bringing this vision to my writing and how Go CryptoWise work.
Connect with me on LinkedIn. Ask me anything on here.
Get in touch with me to find out more about Go CryptoWise and what we care about.