This post may have affiliate links. That means if you make a purchase I may get a commission (at no extra cost for you). To find out more about it read our Disclosure page
PayPal is one of the most popular payment methods across the world. Since its launch in 1998, it has spread globally and is used to send money between family and friends, to workers getting paid with it and yeah for buying and selling cryptos.
So naturally, people are wondering can I buy Ethereum with PayPal?
- Buying Ether with PayPal is quick
- It also gives you the opportunity to buy Ether with PayPal from people all over the world
And it is a common question that doesn’t give you as many options compared to buying ETH with a credit card or debit card, which would bring up more options.
But don’t worry we have done the research and found X options where you can buy Ethereum with PayPal.
3 best methods to buy Ethereum with PayPal
So let’s get to it, let us explore the x best methods for buying ETH with PayPal!
1 ) Buy Ethereum with PayPal at LocalCryptos
The first option on our list is previously named online marketplace called LocalEthereum and now goes by the name of LocalCryptos.
What makes LocalCryptos unique similar to LocalBitcoins is that there are so many payment options available for both buyers and sellers.
Some of the current payment methods listed on LocalCryptos are:
- Buy ETH with PayPal
- Buy ETH with AdvCash,
- Buy ETH with cash
- Buy ETH with bank transfer
- Buy ETH with Transferwise
- Buy ETH with Venmo, and many, many more
So in order to buy ETH with PayPal at LocalCryptos select PayPal as your wanted payment method and then you can either select your country, but as PayPal is a digital payment method countries aren’t necessarily of importance.
- Another benefit of using LocalCryptos to buy ETH with PayPal is that you can select the Fiat currency you want to send. This gives you the advantage of paying in your local currency.
- Also if you don’t find any sellers wanting to sell their ETH for PayPal you could either contact the sellers to ask them if they’d be open for selling for a PayPal transfer
- Or you can put up a buy-order on LocalCryptos saying that you want to buy some ETH with PayPal yourself and wait for sellers to contact you!
2 ) Buy Ethereum with PayPal at eToro
The second option to buy ETH with PayPal is eToro.
eToro is a multi-investment platform where you can obviously buy cryptocurrencies like ETH, BTC, LTC, XRP, etc. But it is not only a cryptocurrency investment platform, but you can also invest in stocks and commodities (gold, silver, oil, copper, etc).
eToro has become an extremely popular investment platform, and a big reason for that is the numerous different payment methods available.
For example at eToro you can:
- Buy ETH with PayPal
- Buy ETH with a credit card or debit card
- Buy ETH with a bank transfer
- Buy ETH with Skrill
- Buy ETH with Neteller
What makes eToro unique, besides the possibility to invest in cryptos, stocks and commodities are that it has some great social trading features. Such as:
- Follow other traders and learn from them
- and you can even copy their trades or portfolios
- forum and chats where you can discuss trades and trading tips with others
This has made eToro become one of the most popular trading platforms for a younger generation.
3 ) Buy Ethereum with PayPal using LocalBitcoins
Hold on, can I buy Etherum with PayPal at LocalBitcoins? No, you can’t today buy Ether directly from LocalBitcoins as you could with LocalCryptos.
But you could buy Bitcoin with PayPal at LocalBitcoins and then you can use another cryptocurrency exchange site to convert your BTC to ETH instantly.
So we decided to list LocalBitcoins on the guide page also as it gives you another option to choose from when you want to buy Ether with PayPal. Who knows maybe LocalCryptos goes down, or you can’t find a seller that accepts PayPal that quickly.
So with that in mind, we thought it would make sense to add another addition.
Now the process of buying Bitcoin at LocalEthereum to, later on, convert your BTC to ETH is very much of a similar process.
You have a look on LocalBitcoins and select PayPal as your payment option. You will then find a list of sellers that accept PayPal.
- Remember you don’t necessarily need to buy Bitcoin with PayPal from someone in the same country as you. As PayPal is a digital payment method used between people all over the world
- You can also put up a buy-order on LocalBitcoins if you can’t find any sellers available on the site
Bonus – Best cryptocurrency exchanges to buy ETH at
Finally, we wanted to mention a few cryptocurrency exchanges that you could use to buy ETH at.
This will be of importance of course to those of you that decided to use LocalBitcoins to buy Bitcoin first at then looking to find a crypto exchange that trades ETH.
- If you bought BTC first then you need to find a crypto exchange that has ETH/BTC (ETH and BTC trading pair)
- You could use Go CryptoMarket to find real-time prices for Ether with ETH/USD trading pairs
Recommended exchanges with BTC/ETH trading pairs
- Buy ETH at Binance – with ETH/BTC trading pairs
- Buy ETH at Kraken – with ETH/BTC trading pairs
Another popular and rising cryptocurrency exchange is Kraken. This is one of the oldest Bitcoin exchanges in the world and it is becoming one of the most popular sites to buy popular cryptos like ETH, BTC, LTC, XRP.
And you can buy cryptos at Kraken with other cryptos, or deposit funds from your bank account.
You can naturally convert your BTC for ETH at Kraken in no time!
Conclusion – Best ways to buy ETH with PayPal
I hope that this guide was clear and helpful. And that you by now know more about what your options are to buying Ethereum (ETH) with PayPal.
There aren’t as many options but the ones listed here are trusted by us and many other investors.
When it comes to buying ETH at either LocalCryptos or LocalBitcoins then the funds will sit in escrow when you buy from a seller. So that helps to remove any unease you might have. And they both have been around for some time now and been trusted by many other buyers and sellers.
But as with anything I’d recommend to do what you can to protect yourself and your funds. For example, go with trusted buyers and sellers. Potentially start with smaller amounts if you are still a bit unsure.
If you are unsure about anything when it comes to using LocalCryptos, eToro or LocalBitcoins or the other cryptocurrency exchanges then feel free to leave a comment. And we will then get back to you!
If you liked this article then please share it with others!
Find other guides:
- Best way to invest in crypto
- Guide to cryptocurrencies
- Bitcoin investing guide
- How to short Bitcoin
- Best Ethereum wallets
Per Englund – Founder of Go CryptoWise a cryptocurrency and tech fan that want to see better and smarter products and services that make our lives better and easier