This post may have affiliate links. That means if you make a purchase I may get a commission (at no extra cost for you). To find out more about read Disclosure page
Given the plethora of options available these days, buying Bitcoin has never been this easy. In the past few years, we have since a surge in interest in cryptocurrencies and especially the leading crypto, Bitcoin.
So in this article, we will cover 5 of the currently best sites where you can buy Bitcoin with PayPal.
With this added interest in Bitcoin new services and platforms have been launched, and existing ones have improved their offerings. To match the high quality that often exists outside of the crypto space to bring it here too. Making buying and selling crypto as easy as buying a cup of coffee.
So newcomers to the crypto space you have more options available than ever before if you want to buy Bitcoin. Especially now when you can buy Bitcoin with PayPal with ease.
PayPal provides traders with one of the secure payment methods when buying Bitcoin. PayPal has managed since they established in 1999 (by Elon Musk and Peter Thiel) to become a global force in the online payments sector. And it is today used by millions of people around the world.
So it is for understandable reasons that the same people who also want to invest in Bitcoin are looking for ways on how to buy Bitcoin with PayPal.
5 of the most popular options to buy Bitcoin with PayPal
1 ) eToro
eToro is one of the leading investment platforms in Europe. With both stocks and cryptocurrencies amongst their offering. eToro quickly became a powerhouse on the investment market with added innovative features as social investment. Where you could follow other traders and also copy their portfolios and investment strategies.
Making it easier than ever for beginners to quickly get into the world of investments. Now, eToro has brought their experience to the world of crypto. Making crypto easily accessible to the crowds.
How to Buy Bitcoins With PayPal Using eToro Option
Using eToro to buy BTC is really easy and something that most people with even little experience should be able to do without much trouble.
eToro is trusted and used by millions of users from over 140 countries. Making it one of the biggest and most used options for buying BTC with PayPal today.
To get started using eToro to buy BTC you first need an account. If you haven’t created an account yet head over to www.etoro.com, and create an account.
- The first step is to open an account with eToro by clicking on the “Join Now” button on the home page. Enter the required information and indicate your acceptance of the site’s terms and conditions. You’re good to create your account.
- The next step is to fund your eToro account. To do that, select “Deposit Fund” and enter the amount you intend depositing and the currency. Select PayPal as your deposit method and you will be taken to the PayPal page where you’ll complete the necessary process after logging to your PayPal account.
- Once you’ve verified all the transaction details, you’re ready to go to the Bitcoin market to buy whatever you need.
Benefits of using eToro to buy Bitcoin
- Great innovative features like social investing, such as portfolio copying, a social news feed, chat and profiles
- eToro has plenty of cryptos available to trade, Bitcoin amongst them of course. But they also have trading available for stocks, commodities, and currencies. Making it a great option for your entire investment portfolio
- Security and trust are two pillars of the eToro platform. Here you can feel comfortable keeping your money without the sometimes added risk that comes with some other crypto exchanges
- The platform is under the regulation of the UK’s FCA and CySEC. This is an additional source of assurance.
2 ) LocalBitcoin
LocalBitcoin seems to be the most popular and arguably the best option for buying Bitcoin with PayPal. The challenge with buying on this exchange is that you have to select your seller carefully when buying from your PayPal account. It’s not every trader that can be considered credible enough.
Buying going through the screenshot below, you can find credible dealers using LocalBitcoin option.
How to Buy Bitcoins With PayPal Using LocalBitcoins Option
The ease of use can be considered medium.
- With its intuitively simple interface, you can create your account in 20 minutes with only your email address.
- Enter PayPal as the payment method.
- Select a reputable seller of your choice from the list of those who indicate their willingness to accept PayPal.
- Enter the amount. You will be directed to a page where you can find a seller with whom you can continue the transaction.
Benefits of Buying Using LocalBitcoin
- Buying Bitcoin with PayPal using LocalBitcoin is possible anywhere in the world. The exceptions to this are Germany and New York because of some regulations.
- The fees are low and the platform is highly reputable. The reputation of the exchange is fine, at least, by the rating of most of the sellers.
- LocalBitcoin enhances the privacy of users because it respects the Bitcoin’s anonymous nature. All you need to open your account is your email address; you don’t need to supply your details. You also don’t need to supply your bank account because it doesn’t require the linking of a bank account. It’s a peer to peer site.
- The LocalBitcoin security setup is remarkable. It can’t be compromised because the site is https protocol encrypted and it uses a login guard to back up the security.
3 ) Paxful
Since its establishment in 2015, Paxful has been a great site to buy Bitcoin at, and using PayPal to pay for it. Bitcoin sellers love to trade on Paxful as listing and escrow service.
The only challenge here is that you need a verified US PayPal account to trade. And before you can have this account, you must link your bank account and debit card and you must have your ID uploaded. Vendors using the Paxful option will like to have your ID before dealing with you on your PayPal account.
How to Buy Bitcoins With PayPal Using Paxful Option
With its sleek interface that displays all information needed understandably, it is easy to use by following these simple steps.
- You can either buy directly on Paxful or register on the site to buy your Bitcoin.
- Your registering will give you access to a window where you see several options regarding the amount, payment method, and the preferred local currency. You’ll also be able to choose the seller of your choice. If you don’t, Paxful will supply you a seller.
- After initiating the sales, you’ll be directed to a chat room where you can continue to deal with the seller.
- A safety net is that the sellers’ Bitcoins are held in the escrow until the buyer clears it with the “paid” marking once the payment is made.
- The seller also will confirm the payment before the Bitcoins are released and all these must take place in 30 minutes.
Benefits of Buying of Using Paxful
- Users can register and trade from anywhere around the globe. It is supported in all countries. Any restriction on any country you see on this platform is placed by a specific user, not the platform itself.
- Though a lot of information is required from the user, it still holds the privacy of users in high esteem. When a user is creating an account, two links are sent with the welcome email. One is for account verification while the other is for enabling two-factor authentication, which can be affected by an SMS and Google Authenticator.
- The wallets it creates as the time of trading can help sellers to store their Bitcoins securely with escrow system on the site. There is a lot of other security measures.
- Paxful doesn’t charge the buyer any fee.
- The customer support is efficient using chats, emails, and calls on a toll-free line in addition to the SM pages.
4 ) LocalCryptos
LocalCryptos or formerly LocalEthereum is another site similar to LocalBitcoins where you can buy Bitcoin with PayPal from. As the previous name tells us you can also buy Ethereum using PayPal there too.
LocalCryptos is an online marketplace open for countries and users around the world to buy and sell Bitcoin with each other.
You can as a buyer or seller put up an ad on LocalCryptos saying you want to buy/sell and then select PayPal as your desired payment method.
Or you can head over to LocalCryptos and see if anyone on there already have an ad up with PayPal accepted as a payment method.
- Remember for both LocalCryptos and LocalBitcoins you don’t necessarily need to be in the same country as the other person. As PayPal is global you can easily buy from someone in another country.
How to Buy Bitcoins With PayPal using LocalCryptos Option
- Head on over to www.localcryptos.com and you then either select Bitcoin and PayPal from the list and see if there are any current offers available
- Or you put an offer/ad up yourself – you then have to first create an account with them and then proceed to put up your own offer
- And then it’s about waiting for a seller to come to you / or if you went for an existing offer it is just a matter of contacting that person or putting in your bid
- Remember you need to have your Bitcoin wallet first before buying!
5 ) Wirex
Another great option that not everyone thinks about when it comes to how to buy Bitcoins with Paypal is Wirex!
Anyone who values consistency in the purchase of Bitcoins will appreciate Wirex as one of the options. It operates in many countries including even African countries.
Based in London and launched in 2015, it’s a “highbred personal baking platform” supporting three fiat currencies of US dollars, pound sterling and euro in addition to cryptocurrencies.
How to Buy Bitcoins With PayPal Using Wirex Option
- Start by creating a WirexApp account and complete the verification process. Then you will receive a free card. You can choose between a physical and a virtual card.
- Fund your card from Wirexapp with a token as small as $3 for the card to be linked to your PayPal account.
- Log in to your PayPal account and hit “Money”, then “Add a Card”.
- You can add another card if you like. But PayPal requires that you confirm the new card.
Benefits of Using Wirex
- It operates many countries though it doesn’t in the US.
- It’s simple; having an uncomplicated interface.
- Its privacy is enhanced by compliance with KYC and AML regulation rather than sticking with the anonymous nature of Bitcoins. It holds on to the verified documents for a minimum of 6 years.
- The fees are modest. No bill is charged for activation and addition of cards.
When you are looking into the topic, can you buy Bitcoin with PayPal? Then rest assured these are some of the best available options to choose from. Pick your favourite, or even better try a couple of them. And see for yourself that using PayPal to buy BTC is fairly easy after all.
Get $10 worth of USD for free when signing up to Wirex via this link
We hope that this guide on how to buy Bitcoin with PayPal was helpful. It’s great to see that prospective cryptocurrency and Bitcoin investors today have so many options available to them.
If you are new to Bitcoin and want to learn more then we have this useful beginner’s guide to Bitcoin.
Which option should I go for to buy BTC with PayPal?
- Well, that is up to you – either you go for buying Bitcoin from another person at either LocalBitcoins or LocalCryptos.
- Or you go for a site where you buy from the exchange like eToro, Paxful or Wirex
- They are all viable options. And our advice would be to start with smaller sums when you using a new site/exchange for the first time. To make sure it is safe and easy for you to use
Buying BTC today is easier than ever before. To be able to pick from a list like this of the best site to buy Bitcoin from is a great step forward for the crypto space. And having Paypal as one of many options makes it easier to invest quickly into Bitcoin.
What is great about buying crypto today is that there is something for everyone. For example, if you want to buy quickly without any hassle, then follow this article right here, or our guide to on 6 of the best instant-buying crypto sites.
If low fees and a greater variety are important and if you are more technologically advanced then check out our top list of recommended exchanges here.
Now, this guide was meant to help you with buying Bitcoin, if you are looking for tips on how to sell your Bitcoins then you will find this guide on selling Bitcoin helpful.
Find other guides on buying cryptocurrencies
Per Englund – Founder of Go CryptoWise a cryptocurrency and tech fan that want to see better and smarter products and services that make our lives better and easier