How to buy QTUM Easily – 5 Ways to Buy QTUM Instantly
Some of our posts may have affiliate links including this one. That means if you make a purchase I may get a commission (at no extra cost for you). To find out more about it read our Disclosure page
In this guide on how and where to buy Qtum, I will walk you through the different steps you need to take for buying the cryptocurrency Qtum (QTUM).
I will talk about the different options that are available so that you can easily make a decision which suits you the best.
And I will also briefly explain what Qtum is, how it works and why it might be worth investing in.
The steps for buying Qtum are not that hard and with this guide, this will hopefully make it even easier for you to buy it.
I will mention some of the payment methods available to purchase QTUM with. I know some people prefer to purchase with a card, others with a bank transfer or PayPal.
How to buy QTUM options
- Buying QTUM with a Credit Card or Debit Card
- Buy QTUM with Bank Transfer or Wire Transfer
- Buy QTUM at a crypto exchange
- Buying QTUM with PayPal
- Buying QTUM with Skrill and Neteller
First and foremost, you must know Qtum was structured as a Blockchain that is business-minded and ready.
Having a powerful team and really strong support, Qtum can be thought of as an amazing hybrid between Ethereum and Bitcoin. The virtual currency has managed to take on the best parts of both of them successfully.
What Is Qtum?
On a general note, Qtum majorly features a team that is being led by Patrick Dai, and the currency was acknowledged at a time as China’s 30 under 30 to look out for.
Beyond the ICO of Qtum, the virtual currency is supported by a local agent and private investors situated in China. As a rare occurrence in the Blockchain universe, Qtum is known to be backward compatible with contracts of Ethereum and Bitcoin gateways.
This has enabled it to have a simple platform acceptance and a plug and play methodology that leans towards the same space as all other technologies.
Note that, the Cryptocurrency is headed towards a huge push to build a flexible technology.
This flexibility is more than enough to allow smart contracts on mobile devices as well as plan to broaden deeply into IoT, internet of things devices.
Furthermore, in the nearest future, Qtum has made promises to bring out a mechanism known as iPoS, Incentivized Proof of Stake. This mechanism will give incentives to its participants.
Also, Qtum has made claims on being the first virtual currency to bring smart contracts together from Ethereum. Also, transaction models are brought straight from Bitcoin, and finally, the crypto will make use of PoS as a medium to maintain its Blockchain.
Meanwhile, Qtum borrows structural codes from both the transaction model of Bitcoin and the virtual machine and smart contract of Ethereum. They have all served the crypto so well.
Also, this setup has enabled smart contracts on mobile devices via lite wallets. And, some features like the QR code that can be utilized in easily moving funds from one address to yet another.
Where To Buy Qtum
You do not have to bother about how to buy Qtum or where to get Qtum as it is being purchased and traded on some prominent Cryptocurrency exchanges such as:
In short, you can buy Qtum using either:
- Another cryptocurrency at an exchange
- Buy with a credit card or debit card
- Buy with a bank transfer
- Or with PayPal
And we will walk you through all of those options here below!
Buying Qtum With Credit Card Or Debit Card
These are the overall steps to buy QTUM with your card at those two sites:
- First head over to Changelly or Coinmama
- Select QTUM and the fiat currency you want to buy with (USD, EUR, GBP)
- Select the amount you want to buy for
- Enter the QTUM wallet address that you want to send your coins to (you need a Qtum wallet first to make the purchase)
- Enter your details (bank card, ID, etc) and complete the purchase
- Your QTUMs will now be sent to the wallet address that you gave
And How to Buy QTUM With Bank Transfer Or Wire Transfer
You can also buy QTUM with a bank transfer. This will help you save on fees, but it will take a bit longer than with a card.
The other option would be to use for example Coinbase. But then you would need to buy BTC or ETH first, and then send those BTC/ETH to an exchange that trades QTUM and buy it there.
We will guide you through both options here below:
To buy at Kraken follow these steps:
- Go to Kraken and sign up
- Provide them with your details (ID, bank account, etc)
- Make the deposit
- When the funds arrive (within 1-2 days) buy QTUM with USD or EUR (depending on what you deposited)
- Done – now send your tokens to a Qtum wallet address
To buy at Coinbase follow these steps:
- Go to Coinbase and sign up (you will get $10 for free when using that link)
- Provide them with your details (ID, bank account, etc)
- Make the deposit
- When the funds arrive (within 1-2 days) buy BTC or ETH with USD, EUR oir GBP (depending on what you deposited)
- Now send those BTC/ETH to an exchange that trades QTUM (find examples below)
- Buy QTUM at that exchange
- Done – now send your tokens to a Qtum wallet address that you own
Buy QTUM at a cryptocurrency exchange
When it comes to buying altcoins people usually use a crypto exchange to buy them. That means that you first need to buy another cryptocurrency like BTC or ETH. And then with those BTC or ETHs, you can buy QTUM.
Here are some good examples of exchanges that trade QTUM with good trading volume:
Buying Qtum With PayPal
You can do this at two options, LocalBitcoin or LocalCryptos.
We will guide you through the overall steps for both here below
So the steps to buy TRX with PayPal are the following:
- First, you go to either LocalBitcoins to buy Bitcoin, or LocalCryptos to buy Bitcoin or Ether with your PayPal balance
- Then you send those BTC/ETH to a crypto exchange that trades QTUM, like LBank
- Then you can buy QTUM at LBank using your BTC/ETH
- Then send your QTUM to a good Qtum wallet
And Finally, Buy Qtum With Skrill And Neteller
As an altcoin like we have mentioned above already, Qtum cannot be directly bought from Skrill and Neteller without users buying Bitcoin or Ethereum. You can make use of the process above to get Qtum on Skrill and Neteller also.
Where to store your QTUMs
After buying the cryptocurrency you, of course, need to store it somewhere safe.
They have their own wallet available on for use on desktop and mobile if you download Qtum core. It is available for Mac, Windows, and Linux. Learn more here. And you can create your own wallet here using their web interface in no time.
Qtum is an EVM based platform that has the core of Bitcoin and makes use of Unspent transaction output. Also, it provides affordable transactions that are similar to what Ethereum has to offer.
Find other guides on buying cryptocurrencies
Hello and welcome to Go Cryptowise.
My name is Per Englund and I’m a long-term fan and investor and trader of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. I caught the attention of Bitcoin like many other several years ago, but it was first around 2016/2017 that I truly got into cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.
I have since traded, bought, researched and learnt about this new emerging space to the fullest. When not producing crypto-content I create and design new products and businesses. And I want to combine my business experience with my passion to create meaningful content for all our readers.
And I am bringing this vision to my writing and how Go CryptoWise work.
Connect with me on LinkedIn. Ask me anything on here.
Get in touch with me to find out more about Go CryptoWise and what we care about.