How to sell Ripple for cash or crypto guide (USD, EUR, GBP, etc)
Some of our posts may have affiliate links including this one. That means if you make a purchase I may get a commission (at no extra cost for you). To find out more about it read our Disclosure page
If you are looking for clear guidance on how to sell your Ripple (XRP) tokens for USD, EUR, GBP or other fiat currencies then this article will cover that.
I will also provide you with information on how to sell Ripple for other cryptocurrencies.
Ripple is the cross-border financial platform that is taking on the traditional finance world with faster and cheaper ways to transact. And at the heart of this we find XRP, the tokens that is used to facilitate all these transactions.
How can I sell Ripple for cash or cryptocurrencies?
There are few different options available. And I would recommend a different option to choose, depending on what you want.
For example, you can:
- Sell Ripple (XRP) for fiat currencies, such as USD, EUR, GBP, etc. And this is when you want to ‘cash out’ your XRPs. Either to use the money for something else or to buy back in at a later time and avoid the volatility.
- Sell XRP for other cryptocurrencies. You would do this to invest in something else, or if you believed another XRP perhaps would fall and you’d like to store your value in BTC for example
- Sell XRP for a stablecoin. This could help you protect your funds from volatility and re-buy at a more lucrative time.
- If you are new to Ripple and XRP and you want to find helpful guidance on how to buy Ripple check this guide out. Also we have written a guide on some of the most popular XRP wallets here.
Where to sell Ripple (XRP) for cash or crypto
Get $10 BTC for free now at Coinbase
USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, CHF, JPY + 15
USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, CHF, JPY
USD, EUR, GBP, CAD
100+ (BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC)
150+ (BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC)
20+ (BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC)
30+ (BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC)
Available in the US
No - Use Binance.us instead
How to sell Ripple for fiat currencies (USD, EUR, GBP, etc)
If you are holding some XRP tokens and you want to cash out your Ripple for USD, EUR, GBP or other local fiat currencies then you need to use a cryptocurrency exchange or broker that allows it.
Not every cryptocurrency exchange have fiat gateways. I will list a few of the current options where you can sell Ripple for fiat monies.
I will also provide you with a clear step by step guide on how you go about it.
At these four popular cryptocurrency exchanges you can sell Ripple for fiat money (USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, CHF, etc)
- Coinbase – Buy and sell XRP here (US welcome)
- Binance – Buy and sell XRP here (use Binance.us for US users)
- Kraken – Buy and sell XRP here (US welcome)
- Bittrex – Buy and sell XRP here (US welcome)
This is how you sell Ripple for fiat currencies
- Join one of the exchanges I listed above
- Complete any necessary KYC checks
- Set up 2FA for your account
- Deposit your Ripple (XRP) tokens to your exchange wallet
- Sell your XRPs for USD, EUR, GBP or the local fiat currency you want
- Withdraw your fiat currency to your bank account or to your PayPal account
That is the general process for selling XRP for USD or other fiat currencies and then withdrawing the funds to an account that you own.
There might be some slight differences in how the KYC processes works at Coinbase, Kraken, Bittrex or Binance.
But overall the process is similar. And it would be the same at other exchanges besides these I have listed.
How to sell Ripple for USD
If you want to sell XRP for USD then you need to find an exchange that allows for US users to register an account and withdraw funds.
From the four I recommended above only; Coinbase, Bittrex and Kraken allows for US users. Since Binance had to block US users from its main exchange due to US regulations.
But don’t worry, if you are in the US and you want to use Binance then you can use their sister exchange Binance.us. This is a new exchange that was created to continue to serve US users.
- You can use Go CryptoMarket or Coingecko for example to find more exchanges where you can sell XRP for USD
How to trade Ripple for other cryptocurrencies
You can also trade your XRPs for other cryptocurrencies. At any cryptocurrency exchange you trade one cryptocurrency for another.
So when you want to buy Ripple and you have some Bitcoins already in a wallet then you can send those BTCs to an exchange that trades Ripple (XRP) and trade them.
Then you trade your XRP with Bitcoin in a BTC/XRP trading pair.
Same works for selling, or trading XRPs for another cryptocurrency.
Let’s say you have some XRPs and you want to diverse your holdings and sell some of your XRPs for ETHs (Ethereum).
Then you can trade XRP/ETH trading pairs to sell your XRPs.
This is how you trade XRP for another cryptocurrency
- Find an exchange where you can sell your XRP for the other cryptocurrency you want. You might need to trade your XRPs for BTC and then the BTC for the other cryptocurrency
- Join the exchange where you want to trade
- Trade either XRP/the crypto you want if that trading pair is available. Otherwise XRP/BTC and then BTC/the crypto you want
- Store your other cryptocurrency in a reliable cryptp
How to trade Ripple (XRP) for BTC
If you want to sell off some, or all your Ripples for Bitcoins (XRP for BTC) then you can find exchanges that trades XRP and BTC.
I will here below list a few options which I have used to trade at. These are exchanges that I trust. But do your own research and choose a cryptocurrency exchange that you trust.
How to trade Ripple (XRP) for ETH
Same with the example for BTC, if you want to trade your XRPs for ETH then you need to find an exchange that either have direct trading pairs between the two (XRP/ETH).
Or at least where you can trade first your XRPs for BTC and then your BTCs for ETH. It adds one more step but it’s not that more complicated.
To find cryptocurrency exchanges that trades XRP you can use either of these tools:
- Go CryptoMarket – Find exchanges and compares the best prices between them
- Coingecko – Site that lists most exchanges in the world that trades XRP
- Coinmarketcap – Similar to Coingecko it lists most of the world’s exchanges that trades XRP
Sell Ripple XRP for a stablecoin
Lastly you can also sell your XRPs for a stablecoin like USDT, USDC, DAI, etc.
Why would I want to sell my XRPs for stablecoins?
A stablecoin like the ones mentioned above are pegged to the USD. That means their value stays around the value of one dollar ($1 USD).
That means if you were, for example, thinking about selling your XRPs because you thought the crypto market was very volatile, or because you thought Ripple was going through some tough times.
Then you could sell for a stablecoin and maintain your funds value.
You can do this to get back in at a better time, or if you wanted to sell quickly for a stablecoin before you could move your funds to an exchange with fiat currencies listed on it.
You can find cryptocurrency exchanges that trades USDT, USDC and DAI here:
- For USDT via Coinmarketcap or Coingecko
- USDC via Go CryptoMarket or Coingecko
- And DAI via Go CryptoMarket or Coingecko
Here I have listed several ways for you to sell Ripple for cash or for other cryptocurrencies.
And I want to repeat that it depends on what you want to achieve before I can recommend one option over the other.
- If you want to sell your XRPs because you need the money elsewhere, then you probably want fiat currency so sell your XRPs for USD, EUR, etc at a fiat-accepting exchange
- If you want to sell your XRPs temporarily and buy in at a better time then I’d recommend trading them for a stablecoin like USDT, USDC or DAI (there are others too, but these are the most popular ones)
- Lastly if you want invest in another coin or token then you have that option too
I hope otherwise the information was helpful. And if there is anything at all that you are wondering about when it comes to trading or selling a cryptocurrency then simply ask.
I have been doing this for a few years now and I’d be happy to help.
More helpful guides:
- How to sell Bitcoin for cash
- Guide to how crypto taxes work
- Our best tips to protect your cryptos
- Where to buy Bitcoin
Hello and welcome to Go Cryptowise.
My name is Per Englund and I’m a long-term fan and investor of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. I’ve been around the space for a good few years, learning how it all works and to be a part of this engaging community.
Now it’s time for me to share my experience with others. I am also a business and product developer so I know first-hand what it takes to create a successful product, brand and customer experience.
And I am bringing this vision to my writing and how Go CryptoWise work.
Connect with me on LinkedIn. Ask me anything on here.
Get in touch with me to find out more about Go CryptoWise and what we care about.