How to send Bitcoin from Coinbase to another Wallet 11 steps
In this article, we will walk you through the steps on how to send Bitcoin from Coinbase to another BTC Wallet.
Coinbase is one of the most popular & commonly used Digital Asset Exchanges in the United States & Europe for buying & selling cryptocurrencies using fiat currency. By using this Coinbase referral link, a new user can qualify a $10 bonus on purchase of $100 of Bitcoin/cryptocurrency or more of Bitcoin/cryptocurrency.
Coinbase Pro Exchange provides an additional layer of security. Users can buy Bitcoin with low or even zero fees. The interface of Coinbase Pro is entirely different from Coinbase. To send Bitcoin from Coinbase Pro, on the left side of the screen, hit the withdraw button, drop-down menu bar pop up with currency type, select the Bitcoin & enter the details of transactions.
(Learn more about the difference between Coinbase and Coinbase Pro).
Here, we would like to explain step by step guide how to send Bitcoin from Coinbase wallet to another wallet, it should not only create a clear understanding to send a transaction from Coinbase but from all other crypto exchanges.
How to send Bitcoin from Coinbase step by step guide
Here below we have broken down all the steps on how to send Bitcoin from Coinbase to any other BTC wallet address.
1 ) Sign in / Get Started via Coinbase’s website
If you don’t have an account for Coinbase click on ‘Get Started’ on their website / if you already have an account with Coinbase click on ‘Sign in’. (Follow this guide to learn more about how to first get started with Coinbase)
2 ) Open the Accounts Link:
Click on the Accounts link, an account holder’s portfolio balance appears along with Bitcoin Wallet representing balance amount in your local currency equivalent to Bitcoin currency. Here your portfolio balance of every cryptocurrency that Coinbase has will be shown.
Portfolio Balance + Send + Receive
BTC Wallet (Send + Receive)
BCH Wallet (Send + Receive)
ETH Wallet (Send + Receive)
3 ) Select BTC wallet to send Bitcoin from Coinbase:
Coinbase provides two options send & receive beneath with BTC wallet. Select the send button of the Bitcoin currency Wallet which you would like to send from.
(If you don’t have any funds in your Coinbase account the ‘Send’ button will be greyed out)
Send BTC – Dialogue Box appears:
IMPORTANT: A very important step on this how to send Bitcoin from Coinbase guide is that you make sure to only send Bitcoin (BTC) from and to this address. Sending any other cryptocurrencies could result in lost funds.
On the send dialogue box, select the recipient’s Bitcoin Public Address external to Coinbase or Email Address, if you are sending it through email. Then select continue.
As is shown below:
4 ) Send BTC
- Wallet Address vs Email Address
- Recipient (enter the address you want to send to)
- Withdraw from (your BTC wallet at Coinbase)
- Amount (the amount of BTC you want to send)
- Note: (any messages you want to include)
Specify the amount of Bitcoin which you want to send in the Amount field. User can specify the amount in its local currency but the funds will always be sent as digital currency. User may help from online currency converter to BTC.
5 ) Continue
After providing all details click on the Continue button –> Confirmation of BTC sent:
Confirmation of Bitcoin sent appears with the details of the transaction. This transaction details comprising of Bitcoin public address sent amount, Coinbase fee, miner fee & total amount sent.
6 ) Confirm BTC send
|To||Enter a BTC Public Wallet Address|
7 ) 2 steps verification code:
Once we provide the transaction details, system asks to enter 2 steps verification code confirm by Authorized App & click confirm button to confirm the details of the transaction & complete the BTC send procedure.
8 ) Please Note:
Through mobile, the process would be the same, however, if you have been provided a QR code:
- Tap the QR icon in the upper right
- Take a picture of the QR code
- Enter the desired amount & press continue.
- Finally, review the details of the transaction & tap send in the upper right corner of the screen.
9 ) Track the transaction status through Blockchain.info site:
After completing the BTC send a transaction, it takes few minutes to complete transaction. To see that the funds are in transit, you can go to a Bitcoin explorer site like Blockchain.info for example.
Where you can search for the BTC transaction using the provided Bitcoin public address where he/she wants to send the Bitcoin. The status of the transaction summary will appear & the numbers of confirmation actions would have been taken by the BTC community.
BTC Transaction tracking site: https://www.blockchain.com/explorer
10 ) Summarise the BTC transaction process:
Summary of how to send Bitcoin from Coinbase BTC wallet to any other wallet:
1 ) Coinbase web page –> Navigate Accounts link on the main navigation bar –> Click Accounts link –> Select send option of BTC Wallet –> Provides BTC public address of the recipient or email address –> Select fund amount –> Click on continue
2 ) –> Complete 2 steps verification process –> Track your fund by blockchain.info by entering the BTC wallet address on search bar you are sending BTC or receiving address
3 ) –> See fund is in transit & transaction confirmation
11 ) Points to remember:
- BTC transaction takes 10 minutes to complete. This is also a feature of the BTC transaction because if you didn’t send transaction, you have time to stop the transaction as you receive an email from the Coinbase. Contrary to this, taking much time to complete the transaction is a barrier to complete instant transactions.
- Make sure to select the recipient’s Bitcoin wallet address, if a user sends Bitcoin from Coinbase BTC Wallet to another Wallet other than BTC wallet, the user would never be able to get back his/her Bitcoin.
Conclusion on how to send Bitcoin from Coinbase
We hope that this guide gave you the answers needed on how to send Bitcoin from Coinbase. The steps you take at Coinbase are fairly similar to how you send Bitcoin at other websites and BTC wallets.
You need a wallet to send BTC from, and a wallet address to send your BTCs to. It isn’t more complicated than that.
How to get started on Coinbase
If you haven’t registered an account with Coinbase yet, then we have created a guide that covers this. We have summarised the key steps here below. But use this link for the full guide on starting with Coinbase.
Coinbase has a lot of excellent features but what they pride themselves with is their user-friendliness and easy to use website and app, so getting started using Coinbase should be straightforward, but we have made it even easier with a step by step guide.
So if Coinbase seems interesting and you wonder how to get started using the exchange, we’ve put together an easy to follow guide here in our Coinbase review.
- Go to Coinbase’s website using this link HERE
- Click on get started
- Select if you are opening an account as an individual or business (for business use guide further below) select individual
- Add in your personal details
- You now get an email with a link that you need to click to verify your account
- When you’ve verified the email you’ll have to add some more details like a phone number for 2F-Authentication
- To get started buying cryptos at Coinbase you need to deposit some cash or send crypto
- Personal identification is required before any payment method can be selected. Coinbase will redirect you to this page, where three modes of identity verification are allowed:
- Driver’s License
- Photo ID
- After that, you can connect a bank account or credit/debit card
- Now you’re good to go! 🙂
Other popular Bitcoin guides
- How To Use Bitcoin ATM Guide
- The easiest way to buy Bitcoin
- The best Bitcoin and cryptocurrency wallets
- Best ways to convert Bitcoin for cash (USD, etc)
Per Englund – Founder of Go CryptoWise a cryptocurrency and tech fan that want to see better and smarter products and services that makes our lives better and easier